Doan Courant

The semi-whenever newsletter for one of the many Doan Families.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

New stuff

Hello everyone . . . anyone.
We have recently purchased a new camera. As you may recall, I posted several posts ago that our long time friend, the FujiFilm Finepix, had moved on to that great finishing lab in the sky. Thus, we had been without the means to capture life's memories for some time. It was sad. Now, we have a camera, and are able to speak a thousand words. I had planned on posting some pictures so you can see the kids, but Blogger is not being very cooperative. Stupid Blogger. I will post them as soon as I am able.
We are going to be making another purchase this weekend. We are buying a 1993 Volvo S60. It is in fairly good condition for having 225k miles on it. We are paying only $750 for it. I think that is a pretty good deal. It will be my work car. Hopefully, it will carry to and from work for a good while. We are still trying to get our van fixed. The mechanics wanted to charge us a pretty penny for the labor. Unfortunately, all our pennies are old and dirty, so we are going to attempt to fix the car ourselves with parts we find along the roadside. I will let you know how that goes.
This Friday, Jenni and the kids are going to see Thomas the Tank Engine. He is making a special appearance in town. I don't know if they understand the enormity of this event. They should have a great time, however. We are going to take a bunch of pictures, and will post them when we can and when Stupid Blogger will allow us.
Guess what "The Office" fans--a little more than 24 hours until the season premier. Of course, I have to work tomorrow night, so I will have to TiVo it and watch it on Sunday. I don't know if I can stand it.
Sunday is going to be a big day for football. The Denver Broncos travel to New England to play the Patriots. Denver had a rough game this past Sunday, and barely got passed KC at home. NE almost blew a 24 point lead against the Jets of all people. I will not make any predictions as to what will happen. I just hope I am smiling on Sunday night and you Patriot fans are not.
I have nothing to report from work. Other than none of the guys in my group do anything wrong, ever. There are times when it seems as though they are doing something wrong, but they can explain everything. Even if they did do something wrong, it is okay, because they have done so many things right we should overlook the tiny wrong thing they did. They are actually quite talented in the excuse department. They could be smashing a desk with a sledge hammer, and they would try to tell you that they have permission, or that some other staff let some other student do the same thing. It amazes sometimes how they can get away with something for weeks, and as soon as you call them on it, they get upset. I am so glad that I am nothing like any of the guys with whom I work.
That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the *soon-to-be* new car! how exciting.

I will also be missing the premiere tonight. I have volleyball practice tonight from 7-9p, so I am having a couple people record it for me! It's unfortunate that I cannot make it to the Gomez party... because that seems like it's going to be a good one, but c'est le vie. I will just have to watch it at a later time...

I cannot wait until you post some more pictures of the kids! yeaaa!