Doan Courant

The semi-whenever newsletter for one of the many Doan Families.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Night on Bald Mountain

We (that is myself and my wonderful family) spent this past weekend up in the mountains. We were just south of Buena Vista, Colorado, at a place called Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort. That is Mt. Princeton behind us in the picture. It is one of Colorado's 54 14ners (that is, fourteen thousand foot peaks). It was gorgeous up there. I love being in the mountains. I love mountain nights. The temperature can drop 40 degrees sometimes. Everything is so lovely. We were up there for the wedding of Jenni's cousin. We had a great time. The kids loved it, though they didn't sleep much at all.
I took many pictures, but that fact that I have a cheap camera and I am not a good photographer led to the result that none of them turned out well. Here is one of the better ones. It only gets worse from here.
We are preparing for a big Fourth of July weekend. We are going to see a Rockies' game and some fireworks (or sparklies, as my kids would say) tomorrow. We will spend the Fourth with my parents in Loveland.
Take care of yourselves. That is all.

No comments: