Doan Courant

The semi-whenever newsletter for one of the many Doan Families.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What are we doing?

Addie picks up the car keys from the table as we are eating dinner. She says, "Beep! Beep!" (the sound the car makes when we unlock it) "Vrooom!" (the sound the car makes when we start it) "Hop in your seat." (the sound Dad makes when he gets in the car) She is quite the smart and perceptive girl. All our kids are. She is learning more and more how to manipulate Dad. She will have 3 ponies by the time she is 5. She is extremely cute. She is quite the showperson. Whenever we have guests she performs her acts of silliness for them.
Aidan had his fourth birthday party on Sunday. He turns 4 tomorrow. He had a great time. He loved his cake. He received a whole bunch of Thomas stuff. He also received the movie Cars, which he has seen no less than 4 times already. He keeps asking us if he is still 4. We tell him that he is. He is always asking me to come play with him. He isn't sick of me yet.
Sonya is her same smiley self. She has broken a couple of teeth. (Note: the teeth are intact. They have just broken through her gums.) Her favorite activity is to sit in her exer-saucer and watch her brother and sister play. She finds them very amusing. She also likes to drool on me. She hasn't started talking yet, but she gaggles has though she is trying to communicate something. She had a very stinky and green diaper this morning, which I had to change. I don't think I am in the mood for split pea soup anytime soon.
Jenni has obtained a job at a local hospital. She will be working there a couple of shifts per week. She is cutting back on the medical transcription. She is very excited about this.
I am 75% sure I have a teaching position at a local Christian school starting in January. I should get the final word from them in about 2 weeks. Whatever happens, I am going the stop working at my present place of employment. The hours are too tough on me and the family. Also, I am called to work with in education. I don't feel quite right doing anything else.
That is what we are doing.
That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you and the family are doing great. We can't wait to see you all in a couple of short weeks. Maybe we can get a chance to play ball. Haven't done that in a while. Emily and Liam are doing great. He got his shots yesterday and has been a little fussy ever since. Miss you all and we pray for you daily, especially about the job situation.