Doan Courant

The semi-whenever newsletter for one of the many Doan Families.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fate


I do not believe in luck or serendipity. All things happen because God allows them to happen. However, I am finding that good photographs happen at seemingly random times. I want to be a good photographer. Every picture I snap I hope will be the best ever taken. Rarely does this happen. Any good photos I take are surrounded by a sea of mediocre-to-crap photos. The really good photographs happen without much thought or foresight. The above photo is one of my favorites. I took it this weekend at my parent's house. I did some digital processing on it, but that is not why I like it. Capturing a look or a gesture has nothing to do with equipment or programs. I am glad I captured this adorable pose, of my adorable girl.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: